Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Potatoes and Kielbasa and Albers Corn Bread

I had some potatoes left over from the Scalloped Potatoes with Hot dogs, and I had some Kielbasa left over from the Egg Spaghetti, so I made Potatoes and Kielbasa for dinner last night. This is another easy one; literally just sliced potatoes and kielbasa sauteed in butter with some salt and pepper. Adam was working late, so I ate without him. He likes to tamper with recipes, so when he got home, he decided to dice everything up smaller and scramble it with some eggs and eat it with sour cream and salsa. I gave him a hard time about tampering with the recipe, but his version tasted really good too. We ate the rest of the leftovers for breakfast this morning.

I also made Albers Corn Bread to go with the Potatoes and Kielbasa. It turned out pretty good. I'm always a little confused by recipes that require you to make a well in the dry ingredients, pour the wet ingredients into the well, and then mix it up. I don't know what the well does, but mine was a little too small to hold all the wet ingredients. This didn't really seem to matter, because it turned out just fine.

No comments: