Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Baked Chicken and Chocolate Chip Cake

I spent all day Saturday cleaning the house and doing laundry, so I wanted something easy for dinner. I made Baked Chicken, which is just chicken pieces rolled in butter and then in crushed cheez-it crackers. I don't think there is one correct way of doing this, so I did it "Shake 'n Bake" style. I rolled the chicken in butter, and then put the pieces in a ziplock bag with the crushed crackers and shook it up until the chicken was coated. It was very good.

We are horrible at buying fresh vegetables and eating them before they go bad. I didn't have the right ingredients to make any of the side dishes from the cookbook, but Super Wal-Mart sells bags of frozen vegetables that can be steamed in the bag in the microwave. They're the perfect size for two people, and they only cost a dollar! The chicken and vegetables was a perfect easy dinner, and Adam was glad to have dinner ready when he got home from work.

I intended to make the Chocolate Chip Cake on Saturday too, but after I was done with everything, I didn't want to do anything else. Last night, we just had sandwiches for dinner, but I made the cake for dessert. It was getting late, and by the time the cake was done, Adam had fallen asleep on the couch. I cut him a piece, put it in front of his nose, and he woke right up! Needless to say, it was a delicious cake.

No comments: