Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Scalloped Potatoes with Hot Dogs

A really good friend of ours came back from Iraq a few days ago, so we invited him over for dinner tonight. I had intended to make a big meal; at least a main dish, side dish, and dessert. But I got home from work and the house was a mess and I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off, so I ended up only making the scalloped potatoes with hot dogs. It turned out pretty good, except that I used a little more potatoes and hot dogs than the recipe required, but I didn't adjust the sauce at all, so it seemed a little dry to me. But there was plenty of food and Adam and Curtiss seemed to enjoy it, so everything was fine. We ate some of the leftover banana bread for dessert.

As an addition to my previous post, Adam told one of his co-workers today about the Egg Spaghetti that we ate last night. His co-worker thought it sounded so good that he called his wife and had Adam tell her how to make it. They were going to have it for dinner tonight.

No comments: