Sunday, November 29, 2009

Biscuits and Gravy

I tried to make biscuits and gravy today. It didn't quite work out as well as I had hoped. First, I put in way too much buttermilk in the biscuits. The recipe said to add enough buttermilk to make the dough "very moist", so my biscuit dough was "very moist". Luckily, I have a husband who knows how to make biscuits. He informed me that in the biscuit world, "very moist" means "slightly sticky". So I had to add a lot more flour, and probably added too much, because the biscuits were very dry and slightly flavorless. The gravy turned out pretty good, it just could have used a little more flavor. I meant to buy bullion cubes, but instead bought just bullion not in cube form, so I had to guess at how much to use. It could have used a little more. Hopefully I'll get it right next time.

No comments: