Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day 2: Porcupine Balls and Garlic Cheese Biscuits

For those of you who don't know, (like me before I made this recipe) Porcupine balls are basically just meatballs made with rice and simmered in cream of mushroom soup. This recipe was really simple, but it got an "MMMM, MMMMMMMMM, MMMMMMMMM!" reaction from Adam/guinea pig. The garlic cheese biscuits got the same reaction. They were very simple also. They were slightly flat because I think I mixed them a little too well, but they were fabulous! Thank you Grandma for such a simple and delicious dinner, resulting in a very happy husband!

P.S: I discovered while making the Porcupine balls, that sucking on an ice cube greatly reduces tears when dicing an onion!

2 comments:

Diana said...

Are you being serious about the ice cube??? I have never heard of that! I am not a fan of cutting onions! I think I made the porcupine balls within this last year and if I remember right, we liked them too!

I am excited to follow along with you and be inspired by the recipes that you try! And if you do have questions and your mom doesn't answer her phone and grandma doesn't either....then I will try to help you! I have made alot of the recipes in there but I am no expert for sure!!!

By the way....Does grandma know about this project? Her computer isn't working right now, but I am sure she would love it!

Erin said...

Yes I heard somewhere that sucking on an ice cube or chewing gum while cutting onions helps with not burning your eyes so much. I think I've tried the gum thing once and I don't think it worked, but the ice cube seemed to work pretty well.