Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day 12 and 13: Taco Salad and Corn Dogs

So I really didn't cook at all while I had jury duty. I got home around the same time as usual, but we ate leftovers and went out a few times. Last night we had Taco Salad. Once again, simple and delicious. Adam really enjoyed the onion and garlic to season the meat, rather than the taco seasoning he is accustomed to.

Tonight I attempted Corn Dogs. It was an interesting experience. We bought a deep fryer, and assembling it was half the battle. I'm not sure if we got the oil to the right temperature, and it took us about 6 corn dogs before we realized that the batter was not the right consistency. We ended up with 3 that actually resembled corn dogs, but the batter was very dry and crumbly. We also bought skewers that were way too long, so they looked pretty rediculous. They tasted pretty good, but they were messy. This is definitely a recipe I will have to play with to get right.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Have you gotten the camera fixed or found? Can't remember why you haven't been posting pictures of all your lovely creations! Get on that, would ya!? lol