Saturday, June 12, 2010

Cherry Cream Pie, Deviled Eggs, Baked Fish in Sour Cream, and Fettuccini Alfredo

I know I haven't updated this Blog in a long time, but I've re-resolved myself to cooking and finishing this project by November. It will be a lot of work, considering I still have about 319 recipes to go, but I think I can do it.

A few months ago, I made a Cherry Cream Pie. It is a pretty easy pie to make, and it went well, except that I didn't notice the note at the end of the recipe that said the filling should be used for two pies. So my Cherry Cream Pie was very thick and the cherries didn't quite cover the cream filling, but it still tasted great!

On Tuesday, I made deviled eggs at my mom's house. She had a lot of eggs already boiled and peeled because she had planned to make deviled eggs for a party, but didn't have time to make them. My deviled eggs were a little runny because I used a bottle of sweet relish that was near its end. According to the recipe, I was also supposed to use dill relish, so I was a little concerned about how they would taste, but I actually really enjoyed the flavor of the sweet relish.


Wednesday, I made Baked Fish in Sour Cream. Super Wal-Mart in Benson had Tilapia fillets on sale, so I bought about 4lbs. The recipe calls for 2lbs of white fish, but 2lbs is a lot for just two people, so I cut the recipe in half. I wasn't very excited about this recipe at first, but Adam and I were both pleasantly surprised with how good it was. We ate it with leftover potato salad and deviled eggs.

Thursday night, I made Fettuccini Alfredo. I didn't have any Fettuccini noodles at home, so I used Rotini instead. There were several steps in the recipe, but I was surprised at how quickly it all came together. Normally I'm not a big fan of mushrooms, but surprisingly, the mushrooms mixed with everything else were pretty good. It made a lot of food, so I still have leftovers in my fridge.

Stay tuned...there's gonna be a lot more cooking going on at my house...

No comments: